Care of Fine Finishes for Indoor Wood Furniture
Care and Cleaning Instructions
Fine furniture finishes are resistant to minor everyday hazards; however, some precautions are necessary to maintain the beauty of your wood furniture:
- Dust with a soft, clean cloth slightly moistened with water, and dry completely with another clean cloth, always rubbing with the grain.
- Use of Guardsman furniture products is recommended to clean and wax the wooden surfaces. Guardsman Wood Cleaner or revitalizing Wood Polish is recommended to clean and beautify the surface. Silicone based polishes are not recommended for any fine heirloom furniture pieces.
- Avoid contact with hot dishes, burning substances and harsh solvents such as nail polish or alcohol.
- Use pads beneath accessories and when writing or eating.
- Remove moisture spills and smudges immediately.
- Do not leave pliable plastic materials including rubber or vinyl on a wood surface; they can damage the finish.
- Do not place furniture near heat outlets, windows, or in direct sunlight.
- Do NOT roll dining table tops on their edge.